Copyright © 2015
Work permit


Permits to enter and reside or to enter reside and work in Fiji may be issued on application made to the Director of Immigration, Government Buildings, Suva, Fiji. The application form, which costs $5.00 each, is available at the Immigration Office in Suva, Nadi and Lautoka.

Such Permits are issued to:

a.  Ordained Priests and Ministers of Religion or recognized religious bodies only;

b.  Teachers, Lecturers, Professors with written contract of employments with local institutions upon the recommendation of the Permanent Secretary for Education;

c.   Nurses and Doctors, the need for whom is determined by the Permanent Secretary for Health;

d.   Persons under written contracts of employment with local employers and for whose services there is a reasonable demand, which cannot be met satisfactorily within Fiji. All these positions are first advertised in Fiji and work permits are only considered in the absence of local expertise. Usually, these permits carry a training condition whereby a local counterpart is required to be trained within the specified time.